Our MCAS testing dates are coming up at the end of the month in April. We have been practicing many strategies to help us while reading. Please have your child utilize these strategies when completing their reading MCAS homework at night.
1. Read the questions first so you have an idea of what you may be asked. This gives students a better focus when reading.
2. Read the passage twice or more.
3. Use the process of elimination by crossing our incorrect answers or "Slash the trash".
4. Find the answers directly in the passage if possible, and re-read to make sure you are selecting the best possible answer.
5. Underlining the answers or part of the paragraph that best helps you solve the question.